Recently updated on October 25th, 2022 at 12:09 pm
When it is time to purchase new eyeglasses, there are more than a few options to choose from. Between the available frames, lenses, price, and coatings, the options often seem overwhelming. There are some helpful tips that can ensure the right glasses are selected, which are found here.
Below video show you how to find right glasses based on your face shape:
1. When an individual is ready to shop fashionable glasses brands, the safety of the glasses is always a top concern. Lenses made out of polycarbonate, which is a plastic, are both light and impact-resistant than traditional glass. This is why polycarbonate is a great choice for children’s eyewear, sports eyewear, and safety glasses.
2. Another option is Trivex. This material meets the same safety standards as the polycarbonate material, and it’s lighter, clearer, and stronger. Those who have a strong prescription may find Trivex also helps minimize distortion.
Image source: eyeglassx.com
There are other options, too. For example, polarized lenses help to reduce glare, as well as the UV light that enters the eyes. This option is ideal for anyone who spends a lot of time outside and drivers.
Glasses frames that are made out of alloys, titanium, or metal can stand up to wear and tear quite well. Remember, children are often hard on glasses, and choosing softer plastic frames for kids is a good idea. That’s because the soft plastic frames are bendable, and they aren’t very likely to hurt the child if they happen to fall.
3. Another option is titanium frames. These are sturdy and can be a good option for older children, or for anyone who is rough on their glass’s frames.
4. Another option is rimless or drilled frames, which are lightweight options. Both polycarbonate and trivex lenses will work with this type of frame. While this is true, plastic frames are still the most popular option and they come at several colors, styles, and prices.
There are several protective coatings for glasses that offer an array of benefits. One of the most popular is the anti-reflective coating. This helps reduce reflections and glare off the surface of the glasses.
5. Another option is rose or brown copper tints. These are a popular option for golfers because they can help with contrast. Gray and green tints are beneficial for reducing light and for maintaining color balance.
Photochromatic lenses have a tint that will vary based on the exposure to the light. For example, they have a darker tint in the sun and a lighter tint when a person goes indoors. Sometimes, these lenses are referred to as transition lenses, but they aren’t recommended for use in vehicles (besides convertibles) because the lenses have to have direct UV light from the sun to get darker, and the windows in the car can block the UV rays.
There are more than one billion people around the globe that suffer from migraines. For those who suffer from this condition, they can opt for FL41, which is a special boysenberry colored tint. This can help reduce light sensitivity for some who suffer from migraines.
Finding the right glasses may require some time and effort, but it’s worth it in the long run. Be sure to keep this in mind to ensure the right pair is found and purchased.