Recently updated on October 25th, 2022 at 11:03 am
When a homeowner has sewer line leaks, obstructed pipes, or suspected pipe damage that you cannot pinpoint, it is when sewer video inspection begins. Professional plumbers in McKinney, TX, can insert a video inspection rod into a pipe ranging from 2 to 36 inches, entering from the drain, vault, or inlet.
Sewer video inspection is done using a high-resolution video camera attached to a flexible fiberoptic scope. The camera is enduring and waterproof. They can be used for even the hardest jobs. An LED light on the end of the video inspection rod allows it to see the pipes. Also, the scope rod can maneuver and bend around corners and curves to get to the problem areas.
A professional technician above-ground uses a monitor screen to watch the video live feed as the camera moves the length of the pipe. The technician can examine the situation of the pipes and ducts, viewing the exact problem or even pinpoint potential future plumbing issues. The video footage is stored and collected as an MP4 file onsite. This can be given as a record for the client. It can also fit with a transmitter. It lets plumbers St George UT halt the rod at the point of hole or blockage, find the point above and mark it. Once the technician identifies the point, the other technicians can better suggest how you can fix the problem.
What sewer or pipes issues can a sewer video inspection address?
Table of Contents
- What sewer or pipes issues can a sewer video inspection address?
- When do you avail of a sewer video inspection?
- What are the benefits of sewer video inspection?
- How can Lex’s Plumbing help you?
A sewer video inspection is a piece of handy diagnostic equipment for underground locating services. In addition to being employed to locate leaks, holes, blockages, and obstructions, a sewer video inspection could efficiently:
- Locate grease clogs and buildup;
- Identify points of damage, decay, or holes;
- Note the exact position of root intrusion;
- Specify the layout, grade, and depth of utility and sewer pipes;
- Determine vaults, termination, laterals, and points of misalignment;
- Find non-detectable storm and sanitary laterals;
- Confirm if existing conditions fit regulations;
- Catch probable weak points or forthcoming problems.
The sewer video inspection can also be utilized following repair or cleaning services to make sure that work was done well.
When do you avail of a sewer video inspection?
1. When there is hard to locate blockages or leaks
When conventional vacuum excavation and utility locating approaches will not be able to get to the problem area, a sewer video inspection is an excellent solution. If the leak or blockage may be under a foundation or in a concrete structure, for instance, a sewer video inspection is virtually the sole solution to find it. This technology removes the guesswork and the need to look for it blindly, so it is the chosen equipment for locating unknown issues or undetectable lines.
2. When your problems and backups keep on repeating
Technicians suggest a sewer video inspection for homeowners who have encountered backups and clogs. When drains, bathroom appliances, and sinks repeatedly drain slowly or get backed up, the problem probably transpires beyond your indoor plumbing. Rather than wasting your money on continuing to locate the hidden issue and having the pipe freed from obstructions, it is a good idea to find the clogs and mend the problem completely.
3. Perform a video inspection before buying a house
It can also be an excellent idea to have a sewer video inspection run before buying a house. This inspection can look for sewer lines for indications of problems that would be hard or costly to repair in the future. It is best to be careful, especially when purchasing an older house, and underground pipes are not commonly included in routine real estate examinations. Video inspections can stop you from dealing with undetectable problems on your property caused by damaged pipes or sewer lines.
What are the benefits of sewer video inspection?
If you are not sure yet that sewer video inspection is the best solution for finding an underground pipe problem, here are the benefits you can get from it.
- It is cheaper than exploratory excavating.
- It can reduce the time and labor required to repair the ducts.
- The repair interventions are less expensive and less invasive.
- You can resolve emergencies faster.
- You can create better plans since you know the location, root cause, and the gravity of the repair.
- You can prevent some issues entirely.
- You can verify if there is a need for cleaning or plumbing maintenance in advance.
- You can avoid leaks before it turns worse and is hard to repair.
- You can use it to find lost items, such as jewelry, coins, or trapped animals.
How can Lex’s Plumbing help you?
Lex’s Plumbing works through Mc Kinney, Texas, and surrounding areas. Our professional and trained technicians can operate video inspections and sewer line inspections to address any plumbing issues- from homes to businesses. Contact us immediately for plumbing services.