Diabetes is a very common disease worldwide, in the U.S. alone, 1 out of every 10 individuals have some or the other form of diabetes. And yes there are different types of diabetes, at least 4 different types. Scientifically known as Diabetes mellitus, the disease is a result of metabolic malfunction where your blood sugar level is higher than necessary. This is a result of dysfunctional secretion of the hormone insulin in our body, that helps regulate blood sugar properly.
When your body either does not make insulin in the right amount, or is unable to use it for its purpose, it causes hindrance in your metabolism. What causes diabetes is another problem to address in the preventative measures. There are four different kinds of diabetes, Type 1, Type 2, Prediabetes, and Gestational diabetes. The first one is when your body misunderstands the pancreatic cell and attacks them, while the second type is when your cells build a resistance to insulin.
Third one is usually the case when you get diagnosed with borderline diabetes, making your blood sugar higher than usual, but not high enough for a diagnosis. The last one is found in pregnant women who build high blood sugar tendencies during their pregnancy. Various prescription drugs for diabetes treatment exist and you can get them here: https://www.90daymeds.com/.
There are many ways in which you can identify diabetes early and get it under control. Here are a few symptoms to look out for.
There are some specific symptoms based on gender and type of diabetes, but also a general set of symptoms you can see through. For some people, the levels of blood sugar eradicate any outer symptoms that would otherwise help identify the issue. The concrete solution is to get a test done, but for those who notice these symptoms should especially see a doctor immediately.
- Increased thirst and hunger
- Alarmingly increased urination
- Slow-healing injuries and wounds
- Wounds getting infected
- Upset stomach; Vomiting, Indigestion, Nausea
- Blurred vision
- Dehydration opposed to thirst
These are some common signs of diabetes, especially for Type 1 and 2 diabetes. For men specifically it can also cause Erectile Dysfunction and decreased muscle strength. For women it can lead to UTI and yeast infection as well. Even if they are not necessary detectors, they are effects caused by uneven levels of blood sugar. If you notice any of these, especially if you notice multiple symptoms, go get a test done immediately.
The preventative measures for such a lifelong disease are not as straightforward as you would like them to be. There are risks you can look for, and take certain precautions according to them. There are some otherwise health concerns you can actively focus on to prevent this disease. And lastly there are some specifically diabetes related risks to address as well. In many cases, you get diagnosed with prediabetes before you start taking it seriously, but no time is too late to start on precautions.
- Since the disease is very common among individuals of older age, being above 45 already means you should be considerate with your diet and related in-take. The more you prevent yourself from being exposed to unhealthy habits, the better chance you have at preventing it.
- If you are overweight according to your age and other characteristics such as having an inactive lifestyle, it can lead to your body rejecting your insulin level.
- Genetics is also an issue. Having a previous family history of diabetes, especially with type 2, can potentially lead to you having the disease too. Similar bodily functionality is not uncommon in family members; therefore, it is also a risk.
- For women, if you develop gestational diabetes during any previous experience with pregnancy, you should be very careful and considerate with your health. Take ample precaution measures to prevent it from developing in Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes.
- Having other health issues such as high blood pressure, or cholesterol levels can also lead to developing diabetes, especially Type 2.
- A major risk for the disease is the food you consume regularly and over the course of your life. If you are an irresponsible eater in your early life, this can lead to developing diabetes in your late life. Therefore, no matter the stage of life, make sure while having fun with your diet, you are also a conscious eater.
There are two direct implications of complicated diabetes, either high levels or low levels of blood sugar in your body. In either case, it can be dangerous for you, especially if you have preconceived disease or health issues as well.
Many wonder how they might be eligible for a test if they don’t show any symptoms. Usually if you are going for a treatment, such as surgery or for women during their pregnancy etc., your doctor carries out the test themself. In another case, you can simply go for a diabetes test, whether you show symptoms or not, for exact results. It’s much better than sitting around being worried about your vitals.
Hopefully this helps someone out there understand what causes diabetes and get help in any manner necessary. The causes and symptoms for everyone with any disease are not the same, but they are for a spectrum of reasons. Learning and informing ourselves with this kind of life-saving information is helpful for us in every conceivable way. If you have noticed any familiar symptoms or are in for any risks, make sure you see your doctor to get a proper test done.