Recently updated on October 25th, 2022 at 12:08 pm
Cyber security is not only a trend but also an essential mandate in this current day and age. Everything can be seamlessly done worldwide with the internet. In fact, over the past few years, the internet has been evolving. It’s trying to take on the weight and expectations of a growing population. It’s trying to adapt as well. While people are trying to be quicker and on the move, the internet has been enabling the same. It has become more compatible, more available, and faster, to cope up with the worldwide population, and economic and global needs.
A trend that is a by-product of the internet is websites. Everything – people, organizations, and even animals, have a website related to them or their needs. A website is the easiest way of connecting and staying entertained on the internet how a website functions and looks have also evolved. While this evolution has been taking place, another aspect of the internet has also evolved naming cyber-attacks. When the internet was brand new, the concept of cyber-attacks was also brand new and developing. They were necessary and easily identifiable, but like the internet, cyber-attacks also are expansive. They’ve become hard to identify, innovative, and indistinguishable from genuine people. This has caused emotional, mental, and financial distress to many individuals.
Did you know that 91% of all online organizations or e-commerce is susceptible to cyber-attack? This means that online; no one is truly safe from getting scammed, tricked, or looted. Amongst this 91%, over 70% of these breaches can have harmful repercussions on the business. This is why cyber-security is essential. It is time to realize that many business organizations that have been climbing the ladder of success have their paths intercepted by cyber-attacks.
Cyber-security is not only about maintaining security online but also creating employment. Cyber-security alone is an excellent avenue that one can find resourceful talent to safeguard the company. According to reports, by next year (2021), the field of cyber-security will include employee close to 3.5 million people globally. Cyber-security is an avenue that is thrust in potential because cyber-attacks are making their way through. There are various security measures one can put in place. The most effective and quickly resorted security measure for any website is an SSL Certificate.
Site Security: The Importance of SSL
An e-commerce website deals with multiple domains. These domains deal with sensitive information; it could be about the client; it could also be about the business. Often between transactions, access points open up, allowing hackers and other types of malware to enter and procure sensitive information. That’s where a Secure Socket Layer or SSL Certificate comes into play.
An SSL Certificate helps to provide a fundamental layer of protection. It provides a high level of encryption for data or information used during a transaction. This transaction can be defined in different ways- between a customer and a business, within the business, or between businesses. It ensures that data is protected because it provides a specific type of encryption. This is especially comforting to online shoppers and people who deal with online financial transactions. It converts a website from HTTP to HTTPS, which warrants credibility from its consumers. This can also affect the sales of an e-commerce organization.
But there are many other reasons why investing and implementing an SSL Certificate is essential. For one, an SSL certificate comes with the tag of HTTPS. Therefore, it’s easy for any potential visitor to check and see if a website is secure or not. However, a website holder can find cheapest SSL certificate for their website if he purchases an SSL certificate from a reliable SSL provider.
Here are a few other reasons why an SSL Certificate is essential.
1) It keeps the data safe and protected. It advocates the necessity of this. It is essential to advocate the need to keep information under wraps, which is precisely what an SSL Certificate does. It helps in protecting information from falling into the wrong hands like thieves or other criminals.
2) It is a part of creating digital trust and building a website. When it comes to building online trust, it requires a solid/ strong foundation. That’s precisely what online trust needs, a secure and robust foundation. That’s where an SSL certificate comes into the picture.
3) Secure things are always recommended, even online. An SSL certificate is an evidence or proof of trust. This trust can warrant high rankings in search engines, making it easily visible and recommendable.
4) An SSL Certificate helps in identity building. Since it does feature a security tag, it does warrant for a website to be recognized as a secure-trusted web portal. It also secures an organization’s identity and allows potential visitors to distinguish between an organization and its fraudulent knock-offs posing to be legitimate.
5) It’s becoming a mandate. Since the internet is ever expansive, many websites are popping up that attack innocent people and steal information. Many search engines and the PCI DSS law in itself have made having underlying security a mandate. This is to help protect innocent internet users from becoming victims of malicious online crime. You can also use Syxsense software to protect yourself from any internet threads.
In summary, the list can go on when it comes to listing out the benefit as well as the importance of an SSL Certificate. But many other security measures need to be set in place apart from an SSL Certificate. It’s like writing notes for a song; one would need a specific combination for the notes to string together in harmony. Similarly, an organization needs to invest in multiple security measures, a combination they see to build that brand credibility and security.