Recently updated on October 25th, 2022 at 11:32 am
Planning your very first RV trip? Or are you a seasoned RV camper who’s just trying to make sure you don’t miss anything?
Either way, we have the complete RV camping essentials checklist you need for your upcoming excursion. This list will help you prepare for any trip, any weather, anywhere. It includes bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen items, plus anything else you could possibly miss.
So don’t throw your bags in the RV just yet. Before you head out, take a good look at this list and be sure to bring these items.
1. RV Maintenance Supplies
Table of Contents
This list will be RV-specific. In any case, you might need:
- Any necessary documentation (driver’s license, registration, fishing license, etc.)
- Automotive provisions (plenty of motor oil, transmission fluid, jumper cables, jack, tire iron, spare tire, tire gauge)
- An emergency roadside kit
- A fire extinguisher
- Electrical adapters, a surge protector, and extension cords
- Duct tape/electrical tape
- A sewer kit, toilet chemicals, and a shovel
- Toilet paper (for RV use)
- Water provisions (a drinking water hose, water pressure regulator, bottled water)
- Leveling blocks and wheel chocks
- Plenty of cotter pins
- A flashlight
For your trip, you’ll need to know what types of maintenance supplies your particular camping vehicle requires. It also helps to know how to contact help and services, such as the Mobile Rv Repair Utah offers in many cities.
2. Kitchen, Dishes, Cooking Supplies
Again, this list depends on what your vehicle is equipped with. It also depends on what you have planned as far as cooking goes.
For example, does your RV include a full kitchen (fridge, stove, oven)? Do you plan on making only easy meals, like sandwiches and microwave convenience foods?
Basically, decide what cuisine you can/want to prepare during your trip and make sure you have what you need for it. This might include:
- An ice chest (with ice)
- Bottled water
- A grill (with fuel or adapter)
- Plates, bowls, cups, utensils, tongs, serving bowls, and other dishes
- Cookware (pots, pans, spatulas, skewers)
- Food storage containers, zipper bags, plastic wrap
- A cutting board
- A can opener
- A way to wash dishes (soap, water, a towel)
- Paper towels, wipes, and cleaning chemicals for cleanup
- Garbage bags
Don’t forget to include provisions for cooking in the outdoors. That includes a firestarter kit, barbeque, firewood/charcoal, and roasting sticks.
3. Food and Drinks
Food and drinks are up to you. Just make sure you have plenty of water, coffee, and other beverages you want on your trip.
Also, make sure there’s a way to prepare, cook, and serve any food you bring. Don’t forget things like cooking oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Bedroom Items
Bring weather-appropriate outfits, jackets, pajamas, socks, and underwear for more days than you plan to camp. If it’s a long trip, bring provisions for washing clothes.
Bring glasses/contacts if you wear them, plus sunglasses. Also, bring the appropriate footwear for what you plan to be doing.
Don’t assume your mattress and bedding are fine. Check them before the trip. While you’re at it, check to make sure the lighting, thermostat, and everything else in your RV works, too.
Wash your bedding and get a new RV mattress if you need to. North America Mattress is our favorite choice for this.
Furthermore, are there enough beds in your RV for all your guests? Bring tents and sleeping bags if necessary.
5. Bathroom Items
This is your basic bathroom checklist for any trip, including:
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss
- First-aid items
- Bug repellent
- Medicine and medications
- Shower items (soap, shampoo, conditioner)
- Grooming items (brush, comb, hair ties, makeup, nail clippers, razor, shaving cream)
Make sure you have enough water to wash up and to brush your teeth, too.
6. Entertainment, Technology, Other Items
Lastly, bring any board/card games and technology you want. Don’t forget batteries, chargers, and money.
Don’t Forget These RV Camping Essentials
Now that you have this checklist, use it. Make your own list, based on this one, that lists the specific RV camping essentials you need for your trip.
Next, do you want to learn more life hacks, get some health advice, or check out the latest tech news? Get all the top info you need right here. Choose your category of interest from the menu bar or search for something specific.